Monday 14 December 2015

First Place Winner ~ Gina K Stamp TV Movie Challenge

The stipulations for this challenge was to create a card representing a Hollywood movie.
My inspiration came from the Kevin Costner movie "Message In A Bottle".
Absolutely love that movie!
First step was to create a burnished effect on the card base layer. I did this by "stamping off" with a vintage map stamp and vintage compass stamp. I then sponged smudges over top.
I stamped the vintage script on vanilla card stock then heavily sponge smudged it as well. I took a darker ink to sponge edges of that piece to give it a burnt look.
To add a layer of texture I ran a piece of vanilla cardstock through a crimper then sponged the raised stripes.
For the beach and sand I tore mulberry papers and slightly frayed them.
I added twine and shells to carry the theme and the final embellishment was a little message I wrote, rolled up and then inserted into the tiny bottle and attached with the twine.

No comments:

Post a Comment