Thursday 21 September 2017

Autumn Birthday

Just Add Ink Challenge # 378~~Add Texture~~

First I stamped background on card layer, then cut an oval for another layer and stamped it as well.
Then stamped the Maple Leaf and fussy cut it. I then touched up all the leaves by blending in some colours with my Spectrum Noir markers.
To fasten the twine on the base layer, I punched two holes behind the oval layer and wove the string through it to secure.
I then used a small clothespin to attach another leaf to the string. To give the attached leaf some texture, I curled the edges up, then added a little bit of Wink of Stella for some glam.
A rather simple design, but with touches of textural interest.



3 comments:

  1. A lovely example of texture Marianne and your colours are really bold and effective. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing along at JAI this week, Marianne. Your card has lots of texture & interest. Love the touch of metallic teamed with the twine too. Thanks for the twine tip too.
    Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really lovely. I really like the colours. Great use of twine and peg. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete